All outputs of the programme are freely available to all stakeholders, and the general public. A comprehensive set of data used, models developed, maps/videos produced, as well as technical reports and decision makers briefs prepared can be accessed and downloaded through AGEDI’s innovative and interactive online inspector portal:
In 2008, Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi and AGEDI completed the first climate change vulnerability assessment for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. While several systems and sectors were screened as potentially highly vulnerable to climate change, the focus of this original assessment was on coastal zones, water resources, and dryland ecosystems.
AGEDI’s follow-up to this initial study in 2011 was launched with the aim of establishing a climate change work programme that could build upon, expand and deepen the understanding of vulnerability to the impacts of climate change as well as identify practical adaptive responses at the local, national and regional levels. This work is driven by AGEDI’s vision to enhance accessibility to environmental data and information to support effective decision-making.
AGEDI engaged key stakeholders including over 40 in the early conceptualisation stages of the Climate Change Programme, which helped define its 12 highly integrated-subprojects across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the UAE and the Arabian Gulf.
These sub-projects are organised around five thematic areas:
- Regional climate change
- Water resources
- Coastal zones
- Socioeconomic systems
- Rapid & Systematic Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerability & Adaption Assessment Phase II (2142 downloads)
- Technical Summary Arabian Gulf Climate Change Modeling (1483 downloads)
- Regional Sea Level Rise Primer (1202 downloads)
- Executive Summary UAE Coastal Vulnerability Index (CVI) (1343 downloads)
- Executive Summary Abu Dhabi Co-Benefits of Reducing GHGs (1268 downloads)
- Executive Summary UAE Food Security and Climate Change (1072 downloads)
- Companion Briefing: Regional Desalination and Climate Change (966 downloads)
- Executive Summary Regional Desalination and Climate Change (1043 downloads)
- Executive Summary Al Ain Water Resources and Climate Change (1167 downloads)
- Executive Summary Regional Water-Energy NEXUS and Climate Change (1028 downloads)
- Executive Summary UAE Water-Energy NEXUS and Climate Change (1068 downloads)
- Executive Summary: Regional Terrestrial Biodiversity Vulnerability to Climate Change (1053 downloads)
- Executive Brief Marine Biodiversity Vulnerability To Climate Change (1066 downloads)